

In the art studio we've always had the rules of take care of people, take care of stuff, and behave like an artist. This year we're adding take care of the earth. In an effort to make students more aware of their choices and how those choices affect the world we live in, I've created a new "Think Green" paper center in the art studio. Small, happy "earths" mark choices that are more earth friendly like G.O.O.S (Good On One Side) and Challenge Papers (abandoned paintings and drawings). Also, on the bulletin board behind are suggestions to help Reduce, Re-Use and Recycle paper in the art studio. Hopefully, it will catch on and Emmons Lake students will be filling Mother Earth's bucket as well as each others'. How about you? Have you filled Mother Earth's bucket today? For ideas on how to go green at home visit: 10 Easy Ways To Go Green At Home.

1 comment:
Great ideas for your paper center, Candi! I have something like this in my paper center, but I'm going to add some little earths and the ideas of how to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment